Sunday, November 21, 2010

Enjoy Your Weight Loss Journey

This may sound ridiculous, but try to enjoy the process of losing your weight and obtaining fitness. 

No, I have not lost my mind.  :-D

Celebrate the little victories: Relish being in the next size down, at the 5-pound mark you were waiting to get to, being in the 190's and 180's and 170's (or whatever numbers you need to get through).  Gloat a little about the scale going down.  Look at your emerging waistline or trimmer arms or thinner face with admiration.  Enjoy the process!  Because if you don't, that's going to be a lot of time you spend half-living, and I can't think of one good reason to do that willingly.  Can you?

This is a journey that is uniquely yours.  No one else can travel it for you.  Enjoy it.

It took me about a year to lose about 45 pounds of excess weight, and although there were some moments of angst ("Why can't I get down below 166???"), I am glad that overall I enjoyed the process and celebrated little victories along the way.  Otherwise, it would have been a year of wasted negativity.

No matter how much weight you have to lose, chances are you aren't going to lose it quickly.  Life is too short to be waiting for "When I lose this weight".  Live life RIGHT NOW, at your current weight, to it's fullest potential.  Don't wait to have nice hair, wear stylish clothes, learn to do your makeup, or anything else that you think could make you feel better about yourself.  Regardless of your weight, you have every right to feel good about yourself right where you are.  And besides, it's good for you!  Like I said in my blog "Love Yourself In Your Current Condition", posted back in April, the better you feel about yourself right now, the more likely you will be to see your weight loss efforts through.

How much of your life are you willing to live miserable?

No comments:

Post a Comment