Sunday, January 5, 2014

Double Meat Cheapskate

Here is a tip I use at Subway.  This will REALLY apply now that they it is January and they are selling all foot-longs for $5.

I like to get my turkey or ham 6-inch subs with double meat.  This is usually an extra dollar.  When I can get my sub in foot long for $5, it's less expensive than the 6-inch double meat. So I order it in the footlong, ask for a fork, and only eat half the bread.  I either use the fork to move the meat and toppings over to the half of the bread I am going to eat or (easier) eat them right out of the bread with the fork.  This isn't all about saving a buck, though- I also get double the veggies this way. And I'm always looking for more veggies!

Additionally, I always have local discount cards sold by our high school Band program that include a free drink with a footlong at Subway.  So by the time all is said and done, I have spent $5 plus tax for a double-meat sub and drink.

And, as I have said before, it's not waste to throw the bread away.  Would you rather put it directly into the garbage, or eat it and then have to go through the butt-pain of losing it?  Seems to me the garbage route saves a step.

No comments:

Post a Comment