Monday, February 9, 2015

What About Those Days You Just Don't Want to Exercise?

I know you've been there.....
You've scheduled your workout time,
You got your backside out of bed, brushed your teeth and your workout gear on.
You are headed out the door, or plugging the exercise DVD in,
but you just do NOT want to exercise today.

Ugh!  What to do?

Hey!  It happens to all of us. 

Here's what I tell myself "I will just get through the warmup.  If at that point I still don't feel like exercising, I can quit with no guilt."

And you know what happens, don't you?

Yep.

I stay and finish the workout.

Every time.

By then my blood is flowing and I'm in a better place. And, heck!  I might as well, since I've come this far.

And often these wind up being some of my best workouts, full of energy and strength.

Some days it's harder to get going, but that doesn't mean that you are doomed to a rotten workout or a downer day.  Give yourself the opportunity to try, first!

No comments:

Post a Comment